What we do:
We help businesses understand, develop and execute effective crowdsourcing approaches in our efforts to evolve companies to more collaborative business models, which leverage the “intelligence of many vs. few.”
Crowdsourcing is a process that involves outsourcing tasks to a distributed group of people. This process can occur both online and offline and the difference between crowdsourcing and ordinary outsourcing is that a task or problem is outsourced to an undefined public rather than a specific body, such as paid employees.
Organizations that develop collaboration competencies, and operating practices perform 30-50% better than non-collaborative organizations.
At Helix, we believe crowdsourcing will intensify as the world continues to globalize. Types of work we are involved in to stimulate growth of crowdsourcing are:
- researching leading practices on crowdsourcing both labor approaches, and funding approaches, as there are diverse forms of crowdsourcing that our clients need to learn from;
- developing clients innovation programs to integrate crowd ideation practices to stimulate increased ideation from all stakeholders in their community (employees, partners, suppliers, and customers) to collaborate and help each other grow more openly and transparently;
- helping our clients identify and select the appropriate crowdsourcing solutions to meet their unique business needs, and
- chairing the Canadian crowdfunding leadership efforts, for a not for profit organization, called iCANADA that is striving to ensure that by the year 2020 Canada is clearly one of the world’s leaders in the global Smart, Ubiquitous and Intelligent Community movement with benefits available for all of our citizens, companies and institutions. http://www.icanadanetwork.ca/our-declaration/.
- Follow our Twitter channel at: @iCANcrowdfund for current updates on our activities.
- Check out our new Crowdfunding Whitepaper
What is unique about us?
- We are leading authorities on collaboration and wrote the first book on Collaboration Commerce.
- We have a complete methodology on Innovation to help companies apply effectively crowdsourcing models to achieve their growth needs.
- We bridge strategy to full program execution fundamentals, with proven expertise in IBM, Microsoft, and other leading e-Collaboration solutions.
- We bring rigourous methods, leading practices, case studies and proven experiences to our client engagements.
- We have relationship with technology crowdfunding software providers that can help our clients select proven approaches.
What our clients say about us:
- “Helix brought us world-class innovation methods and leading practices to develop for us a customized world-class innovation methodology to help our company evolve our NPI and commercialization practices.”.” Vice President, Innovation, NA Financial Services Firm.